If you own a business in Central Texas, you’re most likely eligible already. All for-profit businesses, are eligible if they are sole proprietorship, partnerships, or corporations, as long as they fit within the SBA size standards at time of application and the nature of the business is consistent with BiG’s mission and values. If for any reason the minimum criteria is not met, we will advise you as to what steps to take to help you qualify in the future.
The only non-profits that we may lend to are child-care centers. Pyramid and multi-level marketing businesses are not eligible for a BiGAUSTIN microloan.
Our loan approval is based on credit, collateral, capacity, financials (business/personal), etc., we consider each loan on a case by case basis. Before applying if you have questions regarding your credit please contact our lending team.
Eligible Loan Amount:
Start-up Business(at least 3 months of operation): up to $15,000
Existing Business(at least 1 year of operation): up to $50,000
All loan recipients must be based in and be principally operated in one of the fifteen counties we serve in Central Texas:
- San Saba
Sole Proprietors or controlling shareholders/partners (owning more than 51% interest) are eligible to apply for a loan from Businesses Invest in Growth if:
- They are at least 21 years old.
- Their business is located in the cities/counties currently served by BiG
- Must be a For-Profit Business
- They are unable to qualify for or afford a conventional bank loan.
- Have a written business plan
- Have proof of a minimum of 10% equity injection. That is, the owner must have made investments or purchases for the businesses totaling at least 10% of the loan value. We recommend that you save your receipts for all purchases and start-up costs;
- Be U.S. citizens or legal residents or a “stateside” foreign owned business;
- Be in good standing on federal, state, county, and municipal taxes;
- Carry full auto and liability insurance, where applicable; and
- If approved, must carry “Key Man” life insurance for at least the value of the loan throughout the loan’s term.
- No Active Bankruptcy