- SBA: The Business Plan – Roadmap to Success
- Bplans.com: Sample Business Plans
- Bplans.com: Hurdle: The Book on Business Planning (complete online book)
General Business Information
- Texas Business Advisor: Entrepreneurship forms the basis of free market capitalism, fueling growth in the state economy. The Comptroller joins others in encouraging the spirit to try new ideas, build a business, attain wealth, and create jobs. The Business Advisor is our attempt to provide helpful information by opening a “one-stop shop,” for your convenience in learning how to start a business in Texas.
- Willitfly.com: Make it easier to avoid the failure that frequently accompanies new undertakings. Willitfly’s expert prep modules allow small businesses to find out instantly if they are ready to perform according to best practices for important business tasks.
- Small Business Development Program
- Family Business Loan Program (FBLP) pdf
- Austin Area Chambers of Commerce
- Vendor Search Page
- Minority Vendor List Download
- City of Austin Small and Minority Business
- Local WBC list by State
- Online Women’s Business Center: OWBO promotes the growth of women-owned businesses through programs that address business training and technical assistance, and provide access to credit and capital, federal contracts, and international trade opportunities.
- Veterans Business Development
- Disaster Recovery
- U.S. Business Advisor: The U.S. Business Advisor exists to provide business with one-stop access to federal government information, services, and transactions. Our goal is to make the relationship between business and government more productive.” Sponsored by the SBA, this site streamlines much of the information found on the regular SBA website
- Hoovers Online
- US Census
- Yahoo Local Business Search
- Industry Sector Information
- How to Research Your Industry
- Library of Congress – Provide basic research assistance relating to business and economics, answers to queries requiring resources unique to the Library of Congress, and responses within 5 business dayTis.
Free Credit Reports
Patents and Trademarks
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA) – Non-profit corporation committed to enhancing participation for disadvantaged, minority and woman owned businesses in public/government contracting and purchasing activities.
Austin Networking – Alliances – Resources
- Free Lance Austin
- Bootstrap Austin
- Austin Independent Business Alliance
- Think Smart Alliance
- Austin Unique
- Austin Inventors and Entrepreneurs Association
- Austin Sustainable Business Council
- Business Network Connection
- The Bizwomen Exchange – ABJ’s FREE live networking site for you to meet other women in business just like you. The Exchange is a dynamic message board for peer coaching, networking, how-to’s and company information. Comment and learn from outstanding Women in your area or across the country.
- Linkedin.com – Online Business Network
- National Business Exchange
- Austin Business Journal
- Austin Business Journal Directory
- Austin Bizwomen.com
- Austin Business District Magazine
- Wall Street Start Up Journal
- Success Magazine
- Wired Magazine
- All Business.com
Professional Services Marketplace
Other Geographic Resources
Check back for added links!