Texas Business Opportunity and Development Program (TBOD)is a TxDOT program, currently on-going, and full of great opportunities including trainings & certifications, individual industry assistance, and networking with key contract decision makers from TxDOT.
Please see more information below.
Texas Business Opportunity and Development Program (TBOD)
Texas Business Opportunity and Development (TBOD) program is a comprehensive business development program designed to provide tailored services to meet the needs of DBEs in the construction industry. BiGAUSTIN, a nonprofit micro-enterprise development organization, will coordinate, in partnership with TxDOT, to provide required services. TxDOT in partnership with BiGAUSTIN will provide trainings and services in the area of
- Business Management and Development
- Safety and Flagging
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Construction Machine Operations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Bidding and Estimating
Above trainings will be provided by approved industry leaders. They will also provide one-on-one assistance to fine-tune deliverables for each DBE. For example – by marketing training each DBE will have their website and marketing brochure.
Following programs are designed to provide in-depth services in respective areas –
- LOAN PROGRAM
- BONDING SURETY PROGRAM
- CONTRACTOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
Other assistance include – providing bidding opportunities, getting pre-qualified for TxDOT, one-on-one assistance from TxDOT experience industry expert and prime contractors, and other individual needs.
Program is funded by TxDOT and it is FREE for DBEs!
Eligibility requirements Firms interested in participating in this program must submit a TBOD Program Application and:
- Be based in and around central Texas and have:
- At least one-year experience as a certified DBE;
- Demonstrated interest in working on highway contracts as evidenced by bidding on highway work;
- Good standing on all tax obligations; and
- Profitable operations in at least two of the previous three years
Application Process –
Interested DBEs must submit the application given below to BiGAUSTIN. TxDOT & BiGAUSTIN will review and confirm in 2 -3 weeks. To apply, please send the completed application to Melissa@bigaustin.org.
Contact Melissa Hepner – Melissa@bigaustin.org Phone: (512) 928-8010